Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Putting in your order... be concise.

This is one of my more favorite articles. I came across it in my bookmarks today and thought I'd share it with you. Please click on the link to read the full article. It's worth the read!

Sending Faxes to God, Inc.
by John L. Payne

" Our Dear Friend Bob electrocutes himself whilst blow drying his hair in the bathroom one evening and suddenly finds himself in heaven. He is somewhat bewildered, his last memory catching a glimpse of himself in the mirror with frizzy hair as he fell with a thud to the ground. Anyway, his wonderful guide Gloria comes to his aid and settles him in to his new situation. "So how do you think you did Bob?" asks Gloria.

"Well, very well I think. It's hard work down there. Work, trouble, toil, striving to create new situations, overcoming challenges, it's quite exhausting!" replied Bob with frustration in his voice.

"Oh?" replied Gloria. " It seems to me that you got everything you asked for."

"Everything I asked for! Have you gone completely mad? I hardly ever got what I wanted. As I said, a lot of toil and trouble, broken dreams, disappointments, just plain hard work."

Gloria placed her hand lovingly on Bob's knee and with a kind look gazed into his eyes and said "No Bob, really, you got everything you asked for. You see, the Universe is like God, Inc., and we have departments for everything. Order departments, dispatch, marketing, management, everything, and we're all working for you. Let me show you."...

Read the Full Article

, , ,