Sunday, September 04, 2005

Katrina Survivor asks for a different sort of help...

The following letter is being passed from person to person, blog to blog, so that as many people read it as possible. There are many ways of adding to the healing process in this time of great need in the aftermath of Katrina. This one survivor has a story to share, but also a plee for us to do something different to help. Please take a moment to read it. And also, please copy and share with others. ~ Jodie

----A friend on mine who was missing in New Orleans has finally surfaced and sent his friends this note...I thought it should be shared.....much love...

Hello friends,

My famiy evacuated prior to the hurricane and is safe, Alex, my son, and I stayed to care for pets that owners could not or would not evacuate with them. The conditions have been primitive and challenging, then they turned very dangerous.

Alex and I stayed and cared for the animals (we could handle no water, electricity, & water in the steamy summer heat) until we felt our lives were at risk, and we were able to escape the city out the back door as security in the Big Easy deteriorated. Physically we are both in excellent shape as I prepared for the worst before the arrival of Katrina.

As far as emotionally, I have RARELY felt so peaceful, serene, and in in a place of unconditional love since the hurricane started bearing down on the city. A surreal sense of calm, oneness, and caring has overwhelmed me since this challenge has arrived in my small microcosm of the universe. I realize that this is a sign for me that I need to look at. My heart feels more open than it ever has!

This challenge is happening for a reason, and even though it may not be apparent at this point to most the world, I KNOW that the lessons that we are to learn from this very low vibration that has been and is continuing to be CREATED by OUR collective consciousness will help our evolution on this planet.

Don't only meditate and pray for peace in my home in New Orleans, but BE peace and love at every moment with everyone you encounter, be thankful for all of our blessings...especially the simple ones we take for granted. This is one way we can raise our vibration and that of our planet, and the ripple effects will reach New Orleans and the gulf coast.

If I can be in this placeof acceptance, love, and peace after losing my home, my businesses, and and a city that I love so dearly, so can overyone else. More than ever, this is what needed on our planet. Total acceptance. And the knowing that we have a responsability to change what doesn't work anymore, to change the things that were in place that WE created that led to the currunt unrest in New Orleans, long after Katrina was gone.

To me, THIS is the real issue we should be addressing. If we had not created a situation where almost one fourth of my city's residents live BELOW the poverty level, I know that the instability in the city would not exist in the aftermath of a storm that only lasted a matter of hours.

Until mankind addresses this deeper core issue, and until we correct this inequity worldwide, there will be many more "cries for help", however unacceptable, by the lower socio-economic groups of souls that WE have created, much like we are now seeing in New Orleans. I feel their pain, their fear, their feelings of loss and despair, and I understand their unconscious actions for basic survival. They are not crying out for just supplies, they are crying out for love and acceptance from mankind.

How shall we respond?

This is a another opportunity for mankind to demonstrate and express WHO WE REALLY ARE and to change what WE have created on this planet.

I am excited about this opportunity to accept what is, embrace it, and decide WHO AM I IN RELATION TO THIS?

Life is full of challenges, and the universe will never fail to give us opportunities to evolve. This is mine and I am blessed to have this spiritual slap on the side of my head. I will make the most of this opportunity. I hope that anyone who has been affected by the ongoing events in my beloved hometown does the same. The consciousness of our planet needs the compassionate, heartfelt love and light from all souls touched by the ongoing events.

Please stop for 5 minutes RIGHT NOW and close your eyes, breathe deeply, and passionately envision our leaders making choices and decisions that will be for the highest good for all involved on the gulf coast. We can let go and let God empower our leaders to hasten a rapid recovery of this devastated area and pray for a major healing. Nothing is more important at THIS moment RIGHT NOW.

Please forward this letter to as many people as you can, as time is critical! Take this challenge and use it to help us remember that we are all connected on a soul level, and that love, compassion, and understanding are the common threads that make human "kind".

Namaste' !
Scott

, , ,