Friday, August 19, 2005

Taking the Leap of Faith...


Ever had days when you were just pushing against the current and nothing would fall into place for you? We've all had 'em! The questions is what to do about them...

The act of surrender isn't an easy one for most people. It can be challenging to give in and allow yourself to simply go with the flow rather than attempting to control the river. I know- this was my m.o. for years until I spent several months focused on the act of surrender.

I used to think surrendering meant 'giving up' and that was a show of weakness and somehow negative. When I finally decided to look at surrender and truly study the concept, I realized how wrong I had been in my perceptions. Surrender is not a show of weakness, or negative. Not in all cases anyway. Surrender can be a show of courage and an act of faith in the flow itself. It's that big word called TRUST.

Think about this the next time you are faced with one of those days.... think about Taking the Leap of Faith

, ,