Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Suffer in Sadness or Heal your Way to Happiness?

Sometimes we are happy, sometimes we are sad, or lonely or joyous. There are a range of emotions we feel every day. It's part of the human experience. It can make life exciting and worth living, it can also cause stagnation and depression...

When sadness works it's way into your every day experience and becomes an overriding factor in your life, then its time to face it rather than suffer with it. Too many clients I have worked with over the years have believed in suffering with their sadness, not realizing that there is more to life.

Joy and grief both reside in the heart chakra. They are like two sides of the same coin. In order to allow the joy to rise within you , you need to heal the sadness. How? By becoming aware of the sadness, hearing what it has to say, allowing it to speak or weep, and validating it's purpose for having been there all this time. Then, give yourself permission to let go --which is easier said than done sometimes...

Its important to reach out for help. Ask others to assist you. Seek traditional counseling or intuitive counseling or even grief therapy. Another person can give you a perspective outside of yourself. It never ceases to amaze me how much we can't see the forest for the trees when we're the ones in it. Everyone benefits from outside observation at times.

Why do people seek out my services? For this same reason most of the time... to get a fresh perspective. Many of them are looking for something. They don't always know what... they just know there is something more for them in this life beyond the stuckness they feel, or the ordinariness of their daily life. One client said to me today, "I feel like I'm living the Groundhog Day movie, where everyday is the same, nothing ever changes. I want to get on with my life..."

It's funny how often I hear something similar from a new client. Many will add that they know there is something missing in their life, or they are searching for a sense of purpose and clarity. Others are so tired from holding onto all the sadness and years of emotional baggage that they just want help... they want to know the steps to make changes. Others want help with their relationship issues and dramas.

Regardless of the particulars, the desire is the same: You want to be happy.

Happiness comes through the healing process. By allowing sadness to be released and transformed into joy, we achieve freedom... freedom to express our happiness, our desires, our wants and needs. Freedom to expand within our own energy body and finally being able to relax into simply being one with ourself. Deep down we all have this need to be free...

Begin your journey to happiness by asking yourself these questions:
  • When was the last time I experienced happiness?
  • What do I feel when I'm quiet and simply listening to myself?
  • What within me needs to be expressed?
  • What do I truly desire?
  • Am I holding onto emotions from the past?
  • Am I willing to move on?
  • Am I willing to ask for help?
  • What steps do I need to take?
  • Am I willing?
  • Am I suffering in sadness?
  • Do I want to be happy?
  • Is it time?

Think about your answers. What are they telling you? If you need help... ask. If you need time.. then give yourself time. If you need answers... then start asking the right questions. And if you need an outside perspective and guide for the journey... then contact me for Intutiive Counseling.

You can visit my website at http://www.IlluminationsNetwork.com or email me at illuminationsnetwork@adelphia.net.

tags: , ,