This week the Carnival is about Superstitions. Some people think #13 is an unlucky number, but for me it has always been lucky for me as it is my birth date!
There are several blogs highlighted this week and vary in subjects from An Apple a Day keeps the Doctor Away to healthy paganism.
It's topped off with a list of 14 ( no- not 13) superstitions:
- Stepping on a crack will break your mother's back
- Bad luck if a black cat crosses your path
- Knocking on wood bars bad luck from your door
- Bird flying into the glass of a window signifies a death will come to someone in the house
- Itchy palms, fortune coming your way
- A cricket in the house brings good luck
- Fingers-crossed signifies hopes for a positive outcome
- Seven years of bad luck after breaking a mirror
- It's bad luck to pick up a coin if it's tails side is facing up
- See a penny, pick it up; all day long you will have good luck
- If you sing before seven, you will cry before eleven
- Pulling out a gray hair, two gray hairs will grow back in its place
- Finding a four-leaf clover offers good luck
- Seeing three butterflies together is a good omen
Next week the Carnival returns here to Intuitive Innovations with a Spooky Halloween edition! I'll be building up to it all week... so stay tuned!